Hmm. I've been really disappointed with my library books so far.
You Against Me wasn't even decent teen fluff. The romance was dreadful, the characters were worse caricatures of teenagers than in Waterloo Road, and the plot was completely.. just... not.
Air was just boring. I'm not even going to finish it - I'm about 200 pages in and it's just slow and nothing is happening and I feel like I'm living the same day in Mae's life over and over again.
And American Psycho... Wow. There are no words. I hate stream of consciousness. I hate that kind of pretentious arsehole. I skimmed it quickly to see if it got any better, and then I had to reach for the mental bleach. I don't want to read anymore- even some completely horrible subject matter can be readable, if it's written well, but this was just awful.
I really hope the rest of my books are a bit better...
No comments:
Post a Comment