Hooo long time no post. Where to begin?
(break while I decide to begin by finding something to snack on...)
I now have a Frusli bar and a yoghurt, 'cause that was about all there was in the kitchen. I don't know why but there's never anything decent to eat anymore! I'm tempted to bake something but that kind of involves getting changed out of my work clothes back into jeans, finding ingredients plus something I feel like making, then actually making it, and I have to go to Brownies at 6. Which is actually 2 hours away not one, like I thought it was, so maybe I will have time to make something...
I made these the first week off after exams:
They're lemon and blueberry cupcakes, although the blueberries are only on top - a bit of an afterthought when I was madly looking for something in the fridge with which to top the cakes. The cakes themselves have a lemon zest base and the icing is almost entirely lemon juice, so they're certainly a hit with my mum, the Lemon Adorer TM...
Just found out my lovely friend Emily got into Oxford! *mutters* Damn IB students with their earliness and their cleverness wish I knew what I'd got in the exams *now has muttering out of the way* So yay, super yay and definitely well done to the girl!
I'm still not really looking forward to Brownies - I feel a little bit redundant now, since there are new Young Leaders just raring to go as soon as I, well, go. I've been skiving the last few weeks; I don't know, I just don't get the kick out of it that I used to. There's only two weeks left though, one of which is the picnic, so that'll be fine. It just seems like so much effort to drag myself to Twyford and back when I'm not even having fun...
Speaking of, I had some training today for the estate agents I'm going to be working at on Saturdays in August. I got shown around the computer software, making lots of lovely, unintelligible notes which I'm sure I won't remember tomorrow, let alone after ten days of Latin! But I'm really looking forward to working there, seems like a nice cheerful place and more importantly, they're going to pay me lots and lots of money for just one shift a week!
It's three weeks yesterday until the first day of Latin Camp. 20 days. I am so freaking excited it is insane. I've been shopping for picnic blankets and replica torcs all over the internet, and need to work out the logistics of how to make a cardboard chariot which balances on a skateboard.... Plus I need to learn my gorgeous vocab list from Oxford at some point, and I have loads of stuff I've been saving up do to after the exams which I haven't quite managed yet...
Like decorating my room how I want it, which might seem a bit redundant since I'm going to be leaving in October. But we just moved my furniture around, so it looks much much better and larger than before. I read the Saturday Times magazine this week and fell in love with this woman's house, it was so colourful and exactly what I've always wanted... I need to focus on the practical though, like getting another book case so my books aren't all double stacked on the shelves... I do hate messy bookshelves.
But I have certainly been reading more, and I will at some point write about what I've read. But for now I'm just going to tidy up a bit, make myself a VERY early tea in the name of Brownies (who runs things from 6.15 till 7.45?? When are we supposed to eat??) and then settle back down with a nice book. I promise I won't leave it so long before I write again!
inconvenient meal times? eat the brownies! ba dum ching... ahem.
ReplyDelete