Wednesday, 7 July 2010

"I come to wive it wealthily in Padua; If wealthily, then happily in Padua..."

Today has been a good day. Met up with the lovely Lydia for a spot of retail therapy, and actually ended up spending rather a lot of money.... Got some awesome stuff though, so I'm happy! I really need to start catching up with people, I forget how much I miss them until I see them again and they've grown six inches taller than me!

I really love Lush. We spent about half an hour just wandering round and round the shop poking, smelling, and lusting after everything in there, and I came away with some treats for myself (spending a little too much but oh well...)


















 The bottle, Happy Hippy, is a grapefruit and frankincense shower gel (ooh-er), and according to the shop assistant will magically wake me up in the morning - I'm going to save it for Latin Camp, 'cause I think it's about the right size to take with (plus breakfast is at stupid o clock).
The bright blue bar is Ice Blue soap, which is sea salt and peppermint, and smells gorgeously minty. Mostly I just wanted it 'cause it's bright bright blue! Next time I want to get some 13 or Godmother soap, because they're bright red and pink respectively.
The black bar is You Snap the Whip, which is a exfoliating butter bar, which smells exactly like blackcurrant sweeties. I had to have it, even if it was £5.... I keep getting it out to smell it, but it's a bit stainy, so I'd probably best not.

I also bought Volume One of Absolute Boyfriend, a manga series by my favourite author, Yuu Watase (she wrote Fushigi Yugi, the first series I loved enough to buy all 18 volumes of!). It looks like this:



 The main plotline is about a young girl, Riika, who inexplicably lives alone, yet still goes to school. She's not too good with boys, so when she's offered a free trial of the 'perfect boyfriend' from a weird internet company, of course she jumps at the chance! Wouldn't we all? A day later, up he turns - beautiful, perfect and... er... an android. Cue much hilarity as he tries to fit in!





The sad thing about manga is that I read it too quickly... I finished this already, within about half an hour of getting home! But it's very funny and sweet. At six pounds a go, though, it takes me a long time to buy manga, and I'm more focused on finishing the story of Mars than this one.



 Mars is seriously one of my favourite things, but I've only read up to Vol. 5, 'cause it's out of print or some such and notoriously hard to find... But the story is so cute! It's just a love story really - Kira and Rei (good girl and bad boy) meet, go through the obligatory period of intense hate, realise they love each other, and then try to stay together through motorcycle Grand Prix (Prixes? Prieux?), creepy ex-girlfriends, dark histories, sexual harassment from teachers and friends with unrequited crushes. All the usual relationship dilemmas then... (dilemmae?)













 I also bought the cutest summer dress in Primark. A girl can never have too many!


 










 I am a bit of a failure with the timer function on my camera though, this is the least hideous shot (seriously, I look murderous in the others) and it is mostly wardrobe. Also my hair looks really brown - it did lose a lot of the dye in the wash but not that much!


I'm really enjoying this picture blog thingy. Here's some pictures of the cookies I made late last night! Enjoy them while I go to bed and sleep because I am tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment