1. A book with a number in the title: THX 1138 - George Lucas
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamonds are Forever - Ian Fleming
I can't find the text online, and I don't have the book with me, but if you ever get hold of it, compare the scene where Bond looks at diamonds with M to the above video. There's very little difference!
3. A book with a size in the title: Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness - Brian O'Malley
I've already written a review for this book - it was okay, but I didn't like it as much as SP2.
4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Five Go Down to the Sea - Enid Blyton
Oh, I love the Famous Five - this was made so much better by reading it in dirty voices in the pub.
'Dick blew up his tyre, sighed with relief, and put his pump away.' It just so happens that there are a lot of zips in this particularly story, which lead to a lot of tugging and pulling when they get stuck...
5. A book with evil in the title: Soulless - Gail Carriger
Again, I've already reviewed this - but this series was amazing.
6. A book with a life stage in the title: The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud - Ben Sherwood
God, this was soppy and predictable. Not poorly written, and quite enjoyable, but not especially good. I'm certainly not fussed about seeing the film!
No comments:
Post a Comment