Have I mentioned before that I love Oxford?
Yeah, alright, there are days when it reduces me to tears, and days when I can't think about anything other than getting out of this place and away from the constant pressure. But for some reason, today I am entirely in love with the whole city.
It might be something to do with the bells that have been ringing constantly outside my window for about half an hour - and not in the annoying way the Magdalen bells ring on Sundays, dong dong dong, but in a beautiful rippling peal.
It might be something to do with my massive amounts of productivity today. I've so far taken books back to two different libraries, sorted out my Specsavers issue, been to the bank, done two loads of laundry, and read two books of the Iliad.
It might be something to do with the fact that said laundry is now hanging from every surface in my room, since I didn't want to tumble dry it. It lends the place an air of shabby student chic, I feel!
It might be something to do with the prospect of having my whole wardrobe returned to me; I've been putting off the washing for weeks and was down to my last pair of tights.
It might be something to do with being told three separate times this morning that I was 'a very pretty girl'. Once by a girl in the library, once by an old, old lady who I helped with her shopping, and once by the guy in the Cornish pasty shop (well, he called me gorgeous, but who's being picky?).
It might be something to do with the lovely breeze that's running through my usually stuffy room, because the windows are open so I can hang washing from them.
It might be something to do with the utter freedom of days I have here, with no work and no social commitments, only an evening of work.
Who knows? Today, though, is a lovely day.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment